Thursday, July 28, 2011

Animal Planet Mo

I used to want to be a writer...a professor of cultural anthropology...I wanted higher learning and respect from others. Now, I am a mama...I want to be a good mama but I keep getting all this negative feedback about my "wild" child. It hurts me...very badly.
I can't help that I am unable to devote the time I need to give him. I have to pay bills. I have to do errands. I have people who need me for this and for that...Iam not trying to put anyone before my child. It just happens to all connect to making this home run. And, shit, I am so tired of hearing about my boy being out of control.
I wish people were here when it is just us. When we are colouring or reading...singing songs...gardening. It is peaceful and beautiful. He is an amazing, beautiful, funny little boy. He astounds me.
Someone recently referred to him as an animal. Joking, I guess, but it hurt like hell. I was caught between wanting to crack the person over the head with the glass I was drinking out of and wanting to cry.
YES! My boy acts up when people are here or we are somewhere new. He a very curious, very smart, very energetic child. It's his JOB. He's freakin' two and three quarters of age.
He is my treasure. He is my beauty. He is the air I breath.
Fuck anyone who can't see that in him...and in me. Fuck them hard.

1 comment: